SQM, a worldwide company based in Chile and founded in 1968, has today a strong global presence in a wide variety of industries and applications through its five business lines: Specialty Plant Nutrition, Iodine and derivatives, Lithium and derivatives, Industrial Chemicals and Potassium.
At its plants in Northern Chile, SQM processes two precious natural resources: caliche ore and salt brines, which constitute the raw material for SQM's broad product portfolio and which are at the heart of an integrated and flexible production process which enables SQM to obtain at the same time different and complementary natural products, including nitrate derivatives.
Supported by an international commercial and distribution network in over 100 countries, business allies and Joint Ventures, SQM aims to provide, through its main brands, business solutions that contribute to the growth of the businesses of our clients all around the world, and by extension enhance the agro-business in the countries we serve.
SQM's strong competitive position in each of its businesses is based on the following fundamentals:
• Vast natural resources, whose location, ease of extraction and chemical composition make them unique in the world.
• Importantes economías de escala en sus distintas áreas de negocio, lo que permite obtener importantes ventajas en costos frente a sus competidores.
• Significant economies of scale in its different business areas, affording major cost advantages over its competitors.
• Important synergies between our raw materials: caliche ore and brines from Salar de Atacama.
• Flexible production processes that complement each other.
• A global presence through an extensive distribution and sales network.
• Participation in markets with high growth potential.