Qrop® MOP is a rich source of natural potassium that can be applied to a wide range of crops, such as potatoes, maize, rice, coffee, cacao, artichoke, palm oil, sugar cane, citrus, as well as in horticulture.
Our natural resources, state-of-the-art infrastructure, worldwide logistics network and the expert know-how of our people, qualify SQM as a reliable business partner and supplier of high quality products and solutions for all the nutritional needs of your crops.
The role of potassium in crops
Potassium is an essential element for crops since it has a direct impact on crop quality and yield. Potassium plays a key role in more than 50 plant functions, such as the protein synthesis, the photosynthetic process and the transport of sugars from the leaves to the fruits and in the production and accumulation of oils.
- Increases the level of proteins.
- Develops more homogeneous fruits of higher weight.
- Makes crops more resistant to drought and frost.
- Increases yield and quality.
- Makes crops stronger and more resistant to diseases.